Well done to our level 4 students who celebrated their final hand in of first year with a riso postcard exhibition and a cheeky glass of cava, weheyyy
These are Some photos of the final prints from the risograph project
These are some photos from the risograph project. This project I found quite stressful, with being printed first, however our final prints based on the concept, of how animals react to the weather. We went for a more humours approach, being a bit sarcastic so people can relate to it more.
First week of work experience has gone really well at This is Crowd. Have actually learnt quite a lot and it’s quite exciting to be working on a live brief and cannot wait to see the finished designs
For my final editorial, already looking back i am already not happy with how i have type set my editorial final piece. Above is where i have used the baseline grid properly, this is something that i have learnt this past week during my work experience at the crowd, whilst working on a brand guideline document and various other design aspects.
So the first two photos above is what my attempt at using the baseline grid was as i didn’t think it through so much and as i kept trying to use it, it was making my work worse and the other photos is now that i understand how to properly use the baseline grid. I just wish i got this before printing and handing in our pieces. So i have now edited and changed it on my documents and will re print it some time in the future for my portfolio.
Here i decided to add the colour to the questions but i had to put it a shade darker so it was legible when printed, I also added the colour to the chalk type down the side so when its all folded the balance of black, white and colour is equally balanced. Also i put temporary into a contained grid structure, so when the smaller spread it over it it covers it up.
Here i was working with the type treatments for the front and back page. I feel like using the same type throughout gives a good consistency. I have also taken an element from the dye cut m to create a graphic device on the first page, this is because this page looked a odd, not have any aspect of the colour where all of the other pages do. However i am going to experiment with the placement as at the moment i feel it a bit out of place. Maybe incorporate it into the typography.
So i firstly started to design in black and white but then i though due to morag being a very colourful person i first decided to use orange due to it being a bright colour in which her work does reflect. However i didn’t feel like the colour was working, so i went onto morags twitter feed with all of her colour pallets and mint green came up a lot so i tried it out on my spreads and it did actually start to work.